It can be a journey, but we promise you it’s worth it! The drive is approximately 2.5 hours from Liberia airport and 5 hours from San Jose airport. Nosara (NOB) is our local airstrip, and flights on the domestic carrier Sansa can be as short as 20 min from Liberia (LIR) and 45min from San Jose (SJO).
Playa Guiones, known as one of the best surf spots in the world and part of the protected Ostional Wildlife Refuge, is just a 3 minute walk from the front of the hotel.
The water in our area is completely safe to drink.
Yep, we are a family friendly surf hotel.
Hotel check in is 2pm and check out is 11am. Our front desk is open 8am – 4pm.
We love animals but unfortunately can’t accommodate pets.
Yes, we have a basic wash and fold service available that uses biodegradable detergent.
We love for our guests to have a chance to unplug and reconnect with nature (and themselves) while they are here, so we decided not to install televisions in the rooms. Hop onto our wifi if you need a Netflix binge.
Nope, our rooms are non-smoking. Costa Rican law actually prohibits smoking in any public place (including our property).
We don’t have a studio, but the Harmony Healing Centre is right across the street and offers our guests a discounted rate for their yoga classes.
Yes, there are free parking spots next to the hotel.
Glad you asked! Sustainability is at the core of everything we do, and we’re trying to push ourselves to do even more. Regenerative is a way of living that restores and enhances natural systems instead of depleting or simply maintaining them. We strive to use our business operations to help improve both our natural environment and our local community. Specifically:
- We hire the majority of our staff locally, and our team participates in regular volunteer work in service to the Nosara community.
- We were the first hotel to participate in Mar Viva’s #chaoplastico campaign, which demonstrates our commitment to eliminating single use plastics from our operations.
- We developed a bio-garden that naturally filters and cleans our wastewater using plants.
- The plants we use in our gardens are native, so they require less maintenance and water, and the local animals love them.
- We use only biodegradable cleaners and detergents throughout the hotel and restaurant.
- All of our water fixtures are low flow models.
- We use a solar heating system for our hot water.
- We strive to be a zero waste operation, and reduce, recycle and compost all we can.
- We have achieved the Certificate of Sustainable Tourism from the Costa Rica Tourism Institute. Their certification process evaluated how we engage our staff, community, vendors, and environment in relation to established standards for sustainable practices. We’re proud to have earned the highest possible Elite rating.